page contents
Connect with us

News

Thailand Cave rescue: Remaining trapped boys wait to escape

Published

on

p06d6k57

Cave divers in Thailand are poised to restart the high-risk operation to extract the remaining eight boys and their football coach from a vast flooded cave system.

Four boys were brought safely out of the cave on Sunday.



But the mission was paused overnight for air tanks to be replaced.

The boys became trapped in the cave on 23 June after heavy rains caused flooding, but were found alive last week by divers.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Rescuers decided to go ahead with the hazardous operation to free them because of fears that waters would rise again.

Activity at the dive site early on Monday suggests that the operation may have resumed or be about to resume. But there has been no confirmation.

At least seven ambulances have driven towards the cave entrance.

Who are the boys and their coach?

  • Chanin Vibulrungruang, 11 (Nickname: Titan) – started playing football aged seven

  • Panumas Sangdee, 13 (Nickname: Mig), wrote to his parents: “The Navy Seals are taking good care of me”

  • Duganpet Promtep, 13 (Nickname: Dom) – captain of the Wild Boars, reportedly scouted by several Thai professional clubs

  • Somepong Jaiwong, 13 (nickname: Pong) – reportedly dreams of playing for the Thai national team

  • Mongkol Booneiam, 13 (nickname: Mark) – described by his teacher as a “very respectful and good child”

  • Nattawut Takamrong, 14 (nickname: Tern) – told his parents not to worry about him

  • Ekarat Wongsukchan, 14 (nickname: Bew) – promised his mother he would help her at the shop once he was rescued

  • Adul Sam-on, 14 – member of a volleyball team that came second in a North Thailand-wide tournament

  • Prajak Sutham, 15 (nickname: Note) – described by family friends as a “smart, quiet guy”

  • Pipat Pho, 15 (nickname: Nick) – wrote in his letter he wanted his parents to take him for barbecued food once rescued

  • Pornchai Kamluang, 16 (nickname: Tee) – told his parents “don’t worry, I’m very happy”

  • Peerapat Sompiangjai, 17 (nickname: Night) – it was his birthday the day the boys went missing, and his parents have told him they are still waiting to hold his birthday party

  • Assistant coach Ekapol Chantawong (nickname Ake), 25 – apologised in his letter to the parents, but they replied that they did not blame him

How did the group get there?

The boys were found inside the cave by British rescue divers a week ago, about 4km (2.5 miles) from the cave mouth.

Aged between 11 and 17, they belong to a football club called the Wild Boars, and became trapped during an excursion with their coach.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE

Motherland News

Protest leader arrested, charged with inciting violence in Zimbabwe.

Published

on

Armed police in Zimbabwe have arrested a political activist at his home on Wednesday, his lawyer said.

It comes as protests against fuel price hikes enters day 3 Wednesday. Evan Mawarire, a Harare pastor, rose to prominence as a critic of former leader, Robert Mugabe.

Beatrice Mtetwa is lawyer for Evan Mawarire.



Businesses and schools remain closed while mobile telecom networks enforce a government internet shut down in this Southern African nation.

IMG-20180912-WA0030

“I cannot say the stay away has been successful but at the end of the day we await to hear what the government will do because the people have spoken, they were not happy and up to now they are still in fear”, said Harare resident, Ronald Gwasira.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“The way it looks people want to go to work but unfortunately it seems the transport operators are not willing to take them”, said Terrence Gumbi, another resident.

Wednesday is the third and final day of stay-at-home protests called by unions in response to the steep hike in fuel prices.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Motherland News

Kenya: Uhuru Kenyata promises avenge terror attack in Nirobi.

Published

on

Kenyan security forces have neutralised all four terrorists involved in the attack on a hotel complex in the capital Nairobi, President Uhuru Kenyatta said on Wednesday.

Kenyatta said about 700 people had been safely evacuated, vowed to avenge the 14 “innocent” lives lost.



“We are a nation that never forgets those who hurt our children. We will pursue relentlessly those involved in the planning and execution of this attack,” the president said.

‘‘I take note of Kenyans who took to social media to spread hope and criticise false information. You have shown the world bravery, patriotism and love.’‘

IMG-20180912-WA0030

he attack in numbers

  • 14 civilians confirmed dead

  • 700 people safely evacuated

  • 4 attackers neutralised

Victims

An earlier estimate put the death toll at 15.

Timeline of the attack

  • Tuesday 3pm (local time): Attack on dusitD2 hotel begins with two explosions

  • Tuesday 5:55pm: Al Shabaab claims responsibility

  • Tuesday night: AU, EU, UN, United States, Somalia condemn the attack

  • Tuesday night : Police announces it has secured 7 out of eight floors

  • Wednesday 6am: Gunshots ring out as police say at least two groups of people still trapped inside complex

  • Wednesday 8am: President Kenyatta declares terror attack and security operation ‘over’.

  • TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
    WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved