Connect with us

Motherland News

Manchester City targets a 100 points record breaking season.

Published

on

CITY
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is targeting 100 points after his team established a new top-flight points record with a 3-1 victory over Brighton at the Etihad Stadium.

In Yaya Toure’s final game as a City player, goals from Danilo, Bernardo Silva and Fernandinho ensured Guardiola’s team surpassed the 95-point tally set by Chelsea under Jose Mourinho in 2004-05.

“Ninety-seven points, a lot of goals, a lot of wins, that is a consequence of the season we have done,” Guardiola said.

“We want 100 points to finish this almost perfect season in the Premier League.”

Another Chelsea record – this time from 2009-10, during Carlo Ancelotti’s tenure as manager – went when Silva stroked home City’s second which brought up 104 league goals for the season.

Fittingly, City’s latest accomplishments came against opponents who they began this record-breaking campaign against, on a sun-kissed evening on the South Coast last August.

On that occasion, Guardiola’s side required help in the form of a Lewis Dunk own goal but City have required little assistance ever since and are threatening to add to a compendium of club and domestic records before the season is out.

The Premier League champions may yet conclude the campaign by becoming first team to reach 100 points in an English top-flight season if they win at Southampton on Sunday (15:00 BST).

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

It follows City signing-off at home by breaking the Premier League record for most wins in a season. Their 31 victories in 37 games passes the 30 registered by Chelsea last term and equals the all-time top-flight record set by Tottenham’s double-winning team of 1960-61.

However, Guardiola suggested his side need to win more trophies before comparisons can be drawn between his side and the great Liverpool teams of the 1980s or Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United sides.

“To be considered one of the best, you have to win more. To be alongside United in the 1990s or Liverpool in the 1980s you have to win more.

“I am not saying we are a legend team, I am not saying we are better than them. No, because you have to make more years to do that, but in one season we were better than all of them in the history of Premier League and the history of English football.”

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Motherland News

President Museveni Orders Refund of Mobile Money ‘Error’ Tax in Uganda

Published

on

By

Yoweri Museveni
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

President Yoweri Museveni has ordered the refunding of 1% percent mobile money tax paid by Ugandans.

In a statement issued on a social media platform , Museveni insists that the 1 per cent tax which he ordered to be reduced to 0.5 percent last week was passed in error and he signed the bill knowing it had an error.

The mobile money tax and social media tax which triggered massive outcry were effected at the start of 2018/19 financial year.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“I signed the law with the error because we could not delay the other measures. However, parliament, when it reconvenes, will be requested to correct it. The ones whose deductions had been made on the basis of 1% should have their money reimbursed,” said Museveni.

Apart from salary earners and those who use banks, Museveni said the earnings of many other Ugandans are not known. He revealed that each day, $52 million moves around in the form of mobile money that translates into $19 billion a year.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Egypt: 37 persons bag jail terms over illicit human organ trade

Published

on

By

Egypt
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

For illegally trafficking in human organs, an Egyptian court has sentenced 37 people to prison terms ranging from three to 15 years.

The rulings which took place on Thursday in Cairo Criminal Court, reported by the state-run Al Ahram newspaper, sentenced six people to 15 years, 11 to seven years and 20 to three years while three people were acquitted.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The sentences can be appealed.

An investigation found that doctors, medical workers and intermediaries were involved in multiple incidents of illicit organ transplants and harvesting of human organs.

The probe found that the defendants exploited poor Egyptians who sold their organs.

Egypt prohibits the sale of human organs under a 2010 law but some Egyptians, driven by poverty, offer to sell theirs to make ends meet.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

-The Washington Post

 

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved