page contents
Connect with us

News

Celebratory gunfire kills groom at a wedding in India

Published

on

Indian police on Tuesday arrested a man accused of killing a bridegroom when he marked his friend’s wedding with gunfire, the latest in a grim series of marriage celebrations gone wrong.

A video of Sunil Verma, 25, being hit in the chest late Sunday as he performed Hindu wedding rituals has gone viral on Indian social media.

The footage shows a man identified as a friend of Verma adjusting a pistol when it goes off. The next moment, the groom is seen clutching his chest and slumping face down.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

“He has confessed to the shooting but the investigations will continue. We have recovered the murder weapon,” Ghanshyam Chaurasia, investigating officer in the Lakhimpur Kheri district of Uttar Pradesh state, said.

The shooter, who could face a murder charge, was on the run until his arrest on Tuesday in a neighboring town.

Police said two shots were fired from the licensed pistol belonging to the friend.

Although outlawed in India, celebratory gunfire at weddings and other social events is common and sometimes deadly.

A 20-year-old man was killed at his cousin’s wedding on Sunday after revellers fired live ammunition to celebrate the event in neighbouring Allahabad district.

The shooter, a relative of the groom, is also on the run, police said.

And in February, during celebratory gunfire at a wedding in the capital New Delhi, the groom was hit by a stray bullet and killed.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

News

Bruna Marquezine confirms split with Naymar

Published

on

By

bruna-neymar-3

Top Brazilian actress, Bruna Marquezine has confirmed that she and Neymar have ended their relationship.

Marquezine didn’t go into details about the break-up when she spoke about it at a Gala event in Brazil on Thursday.

She said the relationship ending was bossed by Neymar adding that there is still “a lot of love” between both of them.



“It was a decision that came from him, but there is a lot of respect, a lot of love, for him and for everything that we have lived for,” she said in an interview. “You know I do not usually talk about my personal life. I’ll talk about it because I have to talk, but it will only be once.”

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

IMG-20180912-WA0030

Reports had claimed that the famous pair were at odds over politics in their native country, where the country is in the midst of a heavily polarised presidential election.

But Marquezine was quick to clear up that point so as not to stoke anger in what she called a “very critical moment” for her country.

“I want it to be clear that it would not be for that,” she said. “It was a decision of him, but there is a lot of love and respect, it’s all right.”

The pair had been spotted together earlier in the month at Disneyland and have been dating off and on since 2012.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

News

Chelsea vs Man United: Mourinho promises decency at Stamford return

Published

on

Jose Mourinho insists he will be on his best behaviour on his return to Stamford Bridge, but hopes his Manchester United side inflict Chelsea’s first defeat of the season on Saturday.



The Portuguese won three Premier League titles in two successful spells in charge of Chelsea, but has lost all three of his previous visits to Stamford Bridge as United manager without even scoring a goal.

And while Mourinho claimed that the fixture is now just like any other as far as he is concerned, he also conceded that he would not celebrate should United break that run to ease the mounting pressure on their manager.

“For me, it is another game,” said Mourinho. “Would I celebrate like crazy my team’s goal at Stamford Bridge or my team’s victory at Stamford Bridge? I don’t think so.

“I think I would try to control myself and to respect the stadium and the supporters that were my supporters and stadium for many years.”

“I want to do well for my team, players, support. I am 100 percent Manchester United tomorrow – no more space for anything other than respect for the stadium and the fans,” added Mourinho.

Mourinho’s promise to control his emotions comes at the end of a week in which he has been charged by the FA following comments he made towards a TV camera after his team’s dramatic 3-2 win over Newcastle before the international break.

It is understood the United manager used “abusive, insulting or improper language” in his native tongue.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Even though Mourinho was never in danger of being suspended for the visit to his old club, United have requested an extension for his official response and the FA have duly allowed him until Wednesday to do so.

When asked whether he felt he was being victimised by the governing body, Mourinho insinuated he is more harshly treated than other managers.

“If I answer to your question I probably have another process because I cannot imply bias, so my answer is no answer,” he said.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved