Connect with us

News

Manchester United Eye Argentine Paulo Dybala

Published

on

Dybala
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Manchester United are eyeing a move for Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, according to RAI Sport.
The Red Devils are understood to be planning a major upgrade to their attack ahead of next season and are prepared to make a huge offer for the Juventus star, who helped down Tottenham Hotspur in Champions League action this week.
Dybala, along with compatriot Gonzalo Higuain, was on target for Italy’s Old Lady at Wembley on Wednesday and was one of the key orchestrator’s of Spurs’ downfall – even after they’d snatched the advantage in Turin and opened the scoring in the second leg.
United have long been linked with the Argentinian striker, although they did sign Romelu Lukaku last summer. But with Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to depart Old Trafford, Jose Mourinho is thought to be quite keen on adding another forward to his ranks and Dybala seems to be the man.
The club’s pursuit of French star Antoine Griezmann last year was hardly secretive, and he could be available in the summer, with his release clause due to drop.
According to the source mentioned above, though, the Premier League side will tempt Juve with a £170m bid at the end of the season. The figure would represent the second-highest transfer fee of all time, with Brazilian ace Neymar currently the world’s most expensive player after joining PSG from Barcelona for £198m last summer.
Whether or not United do move for the striker is something that’s left to be seen, but it’s likely they’ll want to add someone else given that they’re soon to lose Ibrahimovic and just can’t seem to get their hands on the Premier League title in the post-Ferguson era.

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Motherland News

Grenade attack victims receive blood donations in Ethiopia.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Solidarity is building up in Ethiopia two days after the grenade attack on a political rally by Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. Addis Ababa football fans gathered at the National Red Cross to donate blood to victims injured in the explosion.

‘‘My condolences to the families of the victims. We will not stop supporting them. May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in peace’‘, said St. George Football Club supporter, Waqajira Midekisa.



‘‘It is very sad that this has happened at a time when we are working for peace. We didn’t expect this to happen, but we are so happy to be available today to help our brothers and sisters by giving blood at this crucial time’‘, said Kidestemariam Tesafye, organizer of the blood donation exercise.

On Sunday, Ethiopia’s health Minister announced that 2 people have died following the attack.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The explosion took place when the new Prime Minister had just finished his speech in front of tens of thousands of people gathered in Meskel Square, in the centre of the capital.

One person was killed and more than 150 injured during ensuing panic moments after the attack.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Guatemala’s eruption: Gercia digs for lost relatives.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

The ‘official’ search for victims has ended in San Miguel Los Lotes , a town devastated when Guatemala’s deadly Fuego volcano erupted earlier this month.

But some determined locals aren’t giving up, like 48-year-old Eufemia Garcia Ixpata said she would continue to search for some 50 family members lost.



“I’m not going to give up until I have a part of my family and am able to give them a Christian burial. Even if it’s just a few little bones, even if it’s just a piece of cloth”, Garcia said.

Even now, at the crack of dawn, she leaves the shelter where she’s been living, to go out and dig for dozens of missing relatives.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

For Garcia , the search has at times been highly emotional. She found the remains of one of her children. And also found some remains of her mother – a 75-year-old who had decided she could NOT outrun the volcanic flow.

Whenever the alarms ring out warning of more volcanic activity Garcia puts her search through the rubble on hold— and instead visits the morgue or checks local hospitals. She only stops to eat when food is shoved in front of her by aid workers.

And Garcia is not alone in her anguish.

Scores of people remain missing, while hundreds of survivors remain in shelters, wondering what happened to their loved ones when volcanic ash rained down on their home.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Over 900 migrants picked up off Coast of Libya.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Libya’s coastguard picked up 490 migrants off the coast of Tripoli on Sunday in the third rescue operation of the day.

Rami Ghameed, the commander of the Ras Ajdir ship which picked up the migrants, said that throughout the day, a number of coastguard ships across the country’s waters picked up a little over nine hundred migrants from a total of six rubber dinghies.



‘‘There were a total of six rubber boats, two were rescued by (the Libyan coastguard’s) central sector, the Ras Ajdir ship rescued three of the boats, and the Sabratha (coastguard) ship rescued one boat. The Sabratha ship is on its way to Tripoli’s naval base.

The number of those rescued on the boats picked up by the central sector was around 361 people, and this ship, the Ras Ajdir, picked up around 490 people’‘, Ghameed said.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Sunday’s rescue operations brought the total number of migrants trying to reach Europe, but taken back to Libya, to well over 1,000 since last week alone.

Libya’s western coast is the main departure point for migrants fleeing wars and poverty and trying to reach Europe.

The number of crossings has sharply dropped since July 2017 due to a more active coastguard presence with support from the European Union.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved