Connect with us

Motherland News

MUSHROOM POISONING DEATH TOLL HITS 15

Published

on

mushroom
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

mushroom

TWO more Filabusi family members have died of mushroom poisoning, bringing the number of people who have died after consuming the fungi to 15.

The Filabusi family consumed the poisonous mushrooms on Saturday, leading to the death of one person on Tuesday and another one on Wednesday. Yesterday’s death brought the Filabusi family death toll to four at a time when four others are admitted in hospital.

Three are admitted to Mpilo Central Hospital, while one is at Filabusi District Hospital. Eleven others are members of different Mberengwa families, who consumed the poisonous mushrooms last week.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Mpilo Central Hospital clinical director Dr Solwayo Ngwenya confirmed that the two latest deaths from the same Filabusi family.

He said four members were still hospitalised and one is said to be in the hospital’s intensive care unit.

“I received a call yesterday at around 2am confirming that two members, who were admitted at Filabusi District Hospital had been rushed to Mpilo as they were deteriorating. Unfortunately, one of the children died on admission and the second one died at around 4pm,” said Dr Ngwenya.
“Currently we have three members admitted, two are stable and one of them is critical in the intensive care unit. We gathered that these seven children were given mushrooms by their grandmother, who is admitted at Filabusi District Hospital.”

Insiza District Medical Officer Dr Mandlenkosi Nkala said the family members, all from Thandanani Village under Chief Ndube in Mahole, Filabusi, were rushed to Filabusi District Hospital on Monday evening after consuming the poisonous mushrooms on Saturday.

“The children’s ages range between three and nine years and they stay with the grandmother. They say the incident took place on Saturday evening. One child, a girl who is in Grade Seven is the one who picked the mushrooms and brought them home for granny to cook,” said Dr Nkala. He said the grandmother inspected the mushrooms and said they were edible.

“In total the grandmother stays with 10 children and out of those seven consumed the mushrooms. Three were known not to eat mushrooms,” he said.

“They came to Filabusi Hospital and were admitted on Monday evening. On admission they looked stable, but their conditions deteriorated all of a sudden and we realised that it was getting dangerous. We sent three to Mpilo Central Hospital on Tuesday and four on Wednesday.”

In a separate interview, the family of eight people from Makuta Village under Chief Mutevaidze in Mberengwa West, who died after allegedly consuming poisonous mushrooms said they had accepted the tragedy as of God’s plan.

 

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE TV APP CLICK HERE

WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Motherland News

Grenade attack victims receive blood donations in Ethiopia.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Solidarity is building up in Ethiopia two days after the grenade attack on a political rally by Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed. Addis Ababa football fans gathered at the National Red Cross to donate blood to victims injured in the explosion.

‘‘My condolences to the families of the victims. We will not stop supporting them. May the souls of those who lost their lives rest in peace’‘, said St. George Football Club supporter, Waqajira Midekisa.



‘‘It is very sad that this has happened at a time when we are working for peace. We didn’t expect this to happen, but we are so happy to be available today to help our brothers and sisters by giving blood at this crucial time’‘, said Kidestemariam Tesafye, organizer of the blood donation exercise.

On Sunday, Ethiopia’s health Minister announced that 2 people have died following the attack.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The explosion took place when the new Prime Minister had just finished his speech in front of tens of thousands of people gathered in Meskel Square, in the centre of the capital.

One person was killed and more than 150 injured during ensuing panic moments after the attack.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Guatemala’s eruption: Gercia digs for lost relatives.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

The ‘official’ search for victims has ended in San Miguel Los Lotes , a town devastated when Guatemala’s deadly Fuego volcano erupted earlier this month.

But some determined locals aren’t giving up, like 48-year-old Eufemia Garcia Ixpata said she would continue to search for some 50 family members lost.



“I’m not going to give up until I have a part of my family and am able to give them a Christian burial. Even if it’s just a few little bones, even if it’s just a piece of cloth”, Garcia said.

Even now, at the crack of dawn, she leaves the shelter where she’s been living, to go out and dig for dozens of missing relatives.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

For Garcia , the search has at times been highly emotional. She found the remains of one of her children. And also found some remains of her mother – a 75-year-old who had decided she could NOT outrun the volcanic flow.

Whenever the alarms ring out warning of more volcanic activity Garcia puts her search through the rubble on hold— and instead visits the morgue or checks local hospitals. She only stops to eat when food is shoved in front of her by aid workers.

And Garcia is not alone in her anguish.

Scores of people remain missing, while hundreds of survivors remain in shelters, wondering what happened to their loved ones when volcanic ash rained down on their home.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Over 900 migrants picked up off Coast of Libya.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Libya’s coastguard picked up 490 migrants off the coast of Tripoli on Sunday in the third rescue operation of the day.

Rami Ghameed, the commander of the Ras Ajdir ship which picked up the migrants, said that throughout the day, a number of coastguard ships across the country’s waters picked up a little over nine hundred migrants from a total of six rubber dinghies.



‘‘There were a total of six rubber boats, two were rescued by (the Libyan coastguard’s) central sector, the Ras Ajdir ship rescued three of the boats, and the Sabratha (coastguard) ship rescued one boat. The Sabratha ship is on its way to Tripoli’s naval base.

The number of those rescued on the boats picked up by the central sector was around 361 people, and this ship, the Ras Ajdir, picked up around 490 people’‘, Ghameed said.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Sunday’s rescue operations brought the total number of migrants trying to reach Europe, but taken back to Libya, to well over 1,000 since last week alone.

Libya’s western coast is the main departure point for migrants fleeing wars and poverty and trying to reach Europe.

The number of crossings has sharply dropped since July 2017 due to a more active coastguard presence with support from the European Union.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH FREE MOBILE TV CHANNELS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook6Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved