Connect with us

News

Argentina:Thirsty girl licks water from dirty PUDDLE on hands and knees in heartbreaking picture shocking the world.

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

A heartbreaking picture of a poverty-stricken girl on her hands and knees drinking from a PUDDLE is shocking people across the globe.

The girl – who looks around three or four years old – from the indigenous Mbya Guarani community in Argentina, was seen quenching her thirst during a heatwave as temperature soared to 37C.

The youngster and pals are said to beg for money during the day in the city of Posadas in the north-east of the South American country.

Voluntary worker Migue Ríos started a national debate which has now crossed the borders of his native Argentina after posting the picture – taken by a local journalist – on his Facebook page.

Migue, who works at UNICEF Argentina and is based in Posadas, said in a message alongside the distressing photo: “While the country is on fire, this little Guarani girl hydrates herself from the ground.

“We must be doing something wrong as a society, mustn’t we?

Revealing the youngster was seen afterwards by doctors, he added: “Why did I post the photo?

“So that we finally start talking as a society about a problem which we often don’t do anything about because no-one highlights it, while those who should do something just carry on lining their pockets.”

Today local news website Misiones Online explained the story behind the photo, revealing it had been taken by one of its reporters during a heatwave in the centre of Posadas, around 1pm on Wednesday.

It said: “A Misiones Online journalist was driving along Mitre Avenue when he stopped at a traffic light and saw the crude scene, which regrettably often happens in the centre of Posadas.

“Youngsters from the Mbya Guarani community who are exploited from adults in their community begging for money in the city.

“And although they’re always being helped, they resist when it comes to abandoning the area because their earnings are greater than what they could make in their villages.

“The journalist, who lives in the area, is used to seeing these sorts of scenes but he got out his camera and sent the photo to colleagues to see if more could be done to help them.

“Another colleague shared the images with a group of friends who managed to get together things for them including bottled water.

“These children were helped in that way, as well as many families living on the streets in the city.

“Municipal and provincial governors help them on repeated occasions, even taking them back to the villages they come from, but they usually end up returning a short while later to beg for money again.”

The photo has prompted a wave of anger and soul-searching among the thousands of people who have shared it online.

Ana Mari Gimenez Pons wrote: “I would be ashamed if I were a millionaire boasting about my luxury lifestyle while others die of hunger.”

Tamara Lamirona added: “Put yourself in the place of that little girl and what she must fell or imagine your children in that situation!!”

The Guarani are a group of culturally related indigenous peoples of South America.

They use the Guarani language and are present in what is today Paraguay as well as the Missions province of Argentina which Posadas is in as well as southern Brazil.

The total population of Myba Guarani in Misiones is though to number around 3,000 people.

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Motherland News

Mali: Apex court upheld Keita’s re election

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

Mali’s constitutional court on Monday confirmed President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita’s re-election in a run-off ballot, rejecting fraud accusations by the opposition candidate.

The decision clears the way for Keita to be inaugurated next month for a second five-year term, at a time when Malian authorities are contending with rising violence by jihadist groups and ethnic militia.

Challenger Soumaila Cisse had contested the electoral commission result of the Aug. 12 vote, which showed Keita winning 67 percent.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

The election was tainted by armed attacks in the centre and north, where hundreds of polling stations remained closed, and a turnout of only 34 percent reflected fears of violence as well as voter apathy.

Cisse says he would have won 51 percent of the vote but for ballot box stuffing and other cheating by Keita’s camp. Keita rejected the allegations.

The European Union observer mission and other local and international monitors said that, despite a number of irregularities and disruptions, they saw no evidence of fraud.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: More bodies discovered from collapsed building in Abuja

Published

on

By

collapsed-building-1
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
About four more bodies have been recovered from the rubble of the four-storey building which collapsed in Jabi, Abuja on Friday.
 
The bodies were recovered during the ongoing evacuation of debris from the site on Monday.
 
The Federal Capital Territory Administration and the National Emergency Management Agency had on Saturday ended the rescue operation at the site after six persons and one dead body were evacuated from the building on Friday.

But relatives of the victims had protested the decision of the government, insisting that about 18 workers were still trapped under the rubble.

They were dispersed by policemen who fired tear gas and shots into the air.

The rescue team consisting of officials of FCT Emergency Management Agency, National Emergency Management Agency, firefighters and Julius Berger Plc ended the rescue operations around 8am after they failed to find victims.

But the youths who were annoyed by the removal of the payloaders and other equipment attempted to take over the site, insisting that many victims were still trapped under the debris and should be rescued.

The Coordinator, Abuja Municipal Metropolitan Council, Umar Shuaibu, had explained that the rescue workers could not find any signs of life or body, adding that they deployed the necessary equipment for the job.

He disclosed that only one died out of the seven victims that were rescued, insisting that no other casualty was discovered during the overnight rescue operation.

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved