Connect with us

News

Ivanka Trump to Serve as Special Assistant to her Father but will Not take a Salary

Published

on

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

U.S. President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter, Ivanka, has announced that she is taking up an appointment in her father’s administration.

Ivanka, in a statement on Wednesday, said she will be a Special Assistant to the President but will not take a salary.

This came as her unofficial role has grown in recent weeks, and she was granted security clearance and an office at the White House, according to reports.

“I have heard the concerns some have with my advising the president in my personal capacity while voluntarily complying with all ethics rules.

And I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees.

Throughout this process, I have been working closely and in good faith with the White House Counsel and my personal counsel to address the unprecedented nature of my role,” Ivanka said.

Ivanka’s role as ‘First Daughter’ in support of the President is unprecedented.

Ivanka’s husband, Jared Kushner, has recently been confirmed a Senior Adviser to the President.

The White House also released a statement about the new role to be played by Ivanka, saying that it is “pleased” by the move.

“Ivanka’s service as an unpaid employee furthers our commitment to ethics, transparency, and compliance.

And it affords her increased opportunities to lead initiatives driving real policy benefits for the American public that would not have been available to her previously,” the White House statement read.

When her increased security clearance and White House office were announced, Ivanka acknowledged that “there is no modern precedent for an adult child of the president”.

The official title made Ivanka’s existing role more formalized but she had been present for family events like the various inauguration celebrations as well as closed-door meetings and sit-downs with foreign leaders.

In February, she met Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the White House, as part of a roundtable discussion on female entrepreneurs.

She also met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visited the White House in February.

When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited the White House earlier this month, Ivanka was seated right beside her.

When Trump held a listening session about domestic and international human trafficking on February 23, he started his remarks by thanking Ivanka for her role.

Ivanka’s involvement in business roundtable discussions has been attributed to her business background at her personal fashion label and her father’s real estate empire.

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

News

South Korea court sentences ex-president Park 8 more years in jail

Published

on

By

1055054818
Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

A South Korean court sentenced former President Park Geun-hye to eight more years in prison on Friday after finding her guilty on charges of causing loss of funds from the state spy agency and interfering in 2016 parliamentary elections.

The Seoul Central District Court ruled that Park, who already received a 24-year jail term over separate corruption charges, colluded with her former aides to cause the loss of government funds worth 3.3bn won ($2.91m) from the National Intelligence Service.



“The accused received some three billion won over three years from the three NIS chiefs. Through this crime, the accused incurred a considerable amount of loss to the state treasury,” said senior judge Seong Chang-ho at the Seoul Central District Court.

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

Three former NIS chiefs testified they had funnelled the funds to Park on her orders, the court said.

The judge rebuked Park, who denied the charges, for being “uncooperative” throughout the court hearing and questioning by prosecutors.

She was also found guilty of interfering in the then-ruling Saenuri Party’s selection of candidates for the parliamentary election.

Prosecutors had earlier demanded a 15-year sentence for Park. 

Park, 66, has denied wrongdoing and was not present in court. She was found guilty by a lower court in April of separate charges including bribery, abuse of power and coercion. She was also fined $16m. 

She now faces a total of 32 years in prison. 

Image result for south korean court sentence parkcnn

Impeached and removed from office

In December 2016, South Korean legislators overwhelmingly voted to impeach Park but she refused to resign, offering instead an apology while denying any legal wrongdoing.

Three months later, the eight-member Constitutional Court voted unanimously to remove her from office.

She was charged and arrested soon after her dismissal from office in 2017. 

She is the daughter of another former president, Park Chung-hee, who seized power in 1961 and was assassinated eight years later.

Park could potentially get an even longer jail time depending on the rulings of the appeals courts.

Following the earlier ruling in April, prosecutors appealed Park’s 24-year term on charges including bribery and abuse of state power and are now demanding 30 years in prison.

The Seoul High Court will rule on the case on August 24.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

Share this...
Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Motherland News

Nigeria: Boko Haram leader exposes rest Chibok girls whereabouts

Published

on

By

Boko Haram
Share this...
Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0

One of the arrested Boko Haram leaders and kidnappers of the Chibok schoolgirls, Mallam Mayinta Modu, alias Abor has revealed that each of them received N60,000 as ransom before they freed one batch of the abducted girls.

 Modu, who hails from Bama Local Government Area, Borno State had confessed to being one of the Boko Haram Commanders that coordinated and led the kidnapping of the Chibok schoolgirls in 2014, including several attacks on Bama, Gwoza and Mubi towns in Borno and Adamawa states.

This was following the arrest of 22 suspected Boko Haram members who participated in the kidnapping of the girls.

FOLLOW US ON:
 INSTAGRAMLINKEDINYOUTUBETWITTER & FACEBOOK

 They were paraded at the Borno Police Command, Wednesday, by Deputy Commissioner-led Intelligence Response Team, IRT, of the IGP, Ibrahim Idris.Modu revealed that one Mallam Chingori, is in custody of the remaining Chibok girls at Gulumba village of Bama Council Area following the recent bombardment of the forest by troops.

Upon interrogation, he said: “I cannot ascertain the number of people I slaughtered or killed before my arrest. All I can say is that as a member of the sect and with the roles I played in the course of our fighting against infidels, government and security agencies, I was promoted as one of the sub-commanders.

“I actively participated and coordinated the kidnapping of over 200 Chibok schoolgirls in April, 2014.

“After we abducted the girls, we separated them and put them in different locations in Sambisa Forest under the care of our top commanders.

“The name of my top Commander is Mallam Chingori. He kept some of the girls in his custody in Sambisa hideout before relocating to Gulumba village of Bama Council Area following the recent bombardment of the forest by troops.

“At a point, when we released some of the girls, we were given N60,000 each for escorting the girls to one undisclosed location, before we went back to base, Sambisa.

“I may not know whether our Commander who gave us the ransom money also took his share of the money; all I can say is that we were many that collected such amount.

“As it is, the remaining girls are in the custody of our top Commander (Chingori) who later relocated from Sambisa to Gulumba village of Bama town.”

Modu could, however, not state who paid the ransom, but admitted that some of the girls were still in the custody of the sect in different locations in the forest.

TO DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE NEWS APP CLICK HERE
WATCH RUSSIA 2018 HIGHLIGHTS HERE

-Daily Post

Share this...
Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on LinkedIn0
Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2018 Anttention Media. All rights reserved