5 SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FACTS ABOUT FEMALE EGGS
Most of us don’t know too much about the female eggs – it’s a shame that we know more facts about the eggs in a carton than these eggs. Here are some interesting facts about the female eggs:
1. They are made quite early. The female reproductive system makes the eggs about nine weeks after conception. Then, the ovary produces about 7 million oocytes (female gametocytes involved in reproduction) in only 5 months. Until birth, most of the immature egg cells die off.
2. The eggs are huge! If you compare the egg cells with other body cells, you will see that there is a huge difference in size. The female eggs have a diameter of 100 microns, and are thick as a strand of hair.
3. They are precious. A woman ovulates about 400-500 eggs during her lifetime, making the eggs more precious and rarer than sperm. A single ejaculation releases more sperms than a woman produces eggs in her lifetime! That’s why there are egg donors that cost hundreds of dollars for just one egg.
4. The eggs have extended adolescence. The egg cells grow-up slow – they need years to reach adolescence, and mature right before ovulation.
5. They are quite fragile. As the female eggs are fragile, a technique called vitrification can harden their outer layer and make them more resilient.
Tags FEMALE EGGS Health Lifestyle
Share this...12010US President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka arrived in Seoul Friday to attend the Pyeongchang …