Are you hoping a special girl likes you, but don’t know how to tell if she is really interested in you? Are you looking for hints to tell you what she’s thinking? What does it mean when she keeps touching her hair? This article provides things to look for to help you decide if a girl likes you.
1. Conversations Reveal If A Girl Likes You
Start a conversation with her. If she is happy to chat with you, that’s a good sign. Some couples just click from the time they start talking and can talk for hours.
If she’s nervous, she might have trouble speaking up. Give her a chance to become comfortable with you. Ask her questions and wait for her to answer. She might need some time to collect her thoughts.
The danger signs are if she looks bored or simply answers your questions with a shrug. Or, even worse, if she grabs hold of a passing friend and allows herself to be dragged away.
2. Does She Laugh at What You Say?
If a girl likes you, she’ll laugh in all the right places.
Hopefully she genuinely finds you amusing and isn’t just working hard to encourage you. But even if she is trying a little too hard, that’s okay. She obviously believes you are worth the effort.
Some girls get the giggles when they are nervous.
But here’s the kind of laughter you definitely want to look for …
The full belly laugh you both share.
You know the kind. You’re both laughing so hard you are almost crying. You feel as though you’re about to split in half. The two of you share moments that are simply irresistibly funny.
Others around you think you’re both crazy, but the hearty chuckles make perfectly good sense to the two of you.
3. What Happens When Your Eyes Meet?
A girl who likes you may shy away from looking at you directly. If your gaze meets, she blinks and turns her eyes away. She is not comfortable being caught looking at you. This kind of girl won’t want to be seen as ‘chasing’ you. She waits for you to make the first move and approach her.
But some women speak through their eyes. Lucky you if your gaze connects with a woman whose eyes sparkle and invite you to come and say hello. A confident girl will directly hold your attention for longer than you’d expect before looking away.
4. Does She Acknowledge You, or Ignore You?
A girl who really likes you will at least acknowledge that you exist. Even if she’s extremely shy, she’ll find a way to let you know that she knows you’re there.
If a girl completely ignores you, she has no interest in you. But is she really ignoring you, or is she sending you a quiet message that’s she’s noticed you but doesn’t know how to react?
Here’s some examples of how a girl who likes you might behave if she’s really shy:
She’s with a group who engage you in conversation, but she stays quiet.
She nods, or smiles. Just quickly, but it is a definite nod or smile in your direction.
There’s a sudden interruption (or end) to her activity as soon as she sees you. Perhaps she stops singing, or dancing, or talking.
Yes, she’s noticed you. She’s definitely not ignoring you, or she’d just carry on whatever she was doing without missing a beat.
5. Does She Lick Her Lips?
I’m sure you’d like to think that licking her lips is an action that should be interpreted to mean she’d love to kiss you. And yes, she might be dreaming about you kissing her. But don’t get too excited just yet.
Licking her lips could simply be a sign of a dry mouth. But you have to wonder, why is her mouth so dry? If it is not an incredibly hot day and she’s not just finished running a marathon, I’m guessing she’s nervous.
So there’s a good chance she likes you.
6. How Often Does She Smile At You?
A girl who smiles at you, likes you. There’s occasionally exceptions to this rule, like the girl who hopes to win some kind of popularity contest and smiles at everyone. But most girls don’t bother smiling at someone they don’t like.
A shy girl might not grin widely. Her smiles may be brief, but she certainly looks pleased to see you. Sometimes her smile is more in her eyes, than plastered on her face.
7. She Doesn’t Like You Flirting With Other Girls
A girl who likes you will be uncomfortable if you flirt with other girls. Nobody likes competition. She might react openly, or may just slip away so she doesn’t have to watch you giving another girl attention.
Be warned before you flirt with other girls, it might backfire. If you seem to fancy yourself as a ladies’ man, she might lose interest in you. How can she trust a boyfriend who is quick to flirt with other girls?
8. Does She Hug You?
Does she hug you at every opportunity? We only hug people we like. Hugging you could be an excuse to get closer to you and experience the feel of your body.
Perhaps she likes you but can’t tell you with words. It may be easier for her to use other strategies like hugging you and making herself very close to you.
Hugs come in different forms. Some girls just wrap themselves around boys they like. It can be a welcoming hug when you cross paths in the street or in the mall. But other girls are more likely to wrap a soothing arm around your shoulder. For instance, if you are seated and struggling with a problem on your computer. She may lean over and give you a shoulder hug, reassuring you that you can solve the problem.
9. Does She Touch You?
She will always find many excuses to touch you or feel your body. Does she touch you when she is sitting next to you? That’s a clear hint she’s attracted to you. She wants to come closer to you and there is no better way or method for her than touching you on the arms or the hair.
She may pretend to remove an imaginary thing from your arm or hair. Perhaps she brushes crumbs from your chest.
Some girls give light-hearted slaps. Others grab your arm with excitement. If she’s touching you, she likes you.
10. Her Friends Give Clues She Likes You
Her best friends will know if she likes you. Look to them for clues. What do her friends do when you are around? How does she react with her friends?
Do her friends glance at you as you approach?
Do they smile when you approach them?
Are her friends seeming to tease her?
Does she look cross, as though she’s afraid one of them might tell you she likes you?
Have any of her friends asked you if you like her?
More Hints A Girl Likes You
- You will learn from her body language if she likes you or not. You can really interpret her body language to determine if she likes you or not.
- She will get interested in things you do or like. For instance if you are a fan of Manchester United, she will also develop an interest in that team
- You will see her blushing in your presence. This happens not once but many times
- Does she play with her hair when you are around her? If yes, that is an unconscious sign that shows her interest in you. She may be imagining you caressing or playing with her hair.
- When you are sitting or having a rest somewhere, you will find that she will walk past you a couple of times. Maybe she is trying to get your attention. She wants you to be attracted to her and is probably waiting for you to take the first step and start a conversation with her.
- She may lean back in a chair or sofa in order to protrude or display her chest area. She will show you ‘what you are missing’. That is a sure sign that she likes you and she wants you to fall for her. She is just waiting for you to approach her.
- Her arms are open wide when she is talking to you and that could be interpreted to mean ‘I’m open for you’. In other words it’s a sort of unconscious way to encourage you to approach her.
- When she is having a conversation with friends and she sees you approaching or in a nearby place, she will break from her friends and come to where you are. She wants to be closer to you at all times and that is a sure sign that you impress her.
- She compliments you whenever you are dressed nicely or she sees you in designer clothing. She always likes to see you looking good.
- Does she talk of a relationship she had in the past, make clear that it ended and she is feeling lonely now? If yes, she is probably attracted to you. Don’t assume that she’s still obsessed with her ex-boyfriend. Consider it an invitation to take his place!